Tuesday 26 April 2011

16 Must Have Firefox Addons For The Best Browsing Experience

I’ve been a big fan of Firefox since the first time I used it. I really like everything about it especially its lightning speed and the wide choices of add-ons that you can install to improve your browsing experience. And speaking of add-ons, actually, for the past 3 years of using Firefox, I have used a lot of them and some even become my favorites.
Today, I’m going to show you the add-ons that really standout for me and that I can truly say, give me the best browsing experience.

1. QuickDragmy most favorite add-on.
Eveything becomes so easy after installing QuickDrag. If you want to load URLs, just drag and drop it; if you want to do a web search of selected text on a page, just drag and drop it; if you want to save an image from a webpage, just drag and drop it. No hassle at all and it really saves your time!
QuickDrag Features
2. AdBlock Plus
Do you hate the ads that you see on the web? Check out this add-on so you can regain control of the internet and view the web the way you want to.
AdBlock Plus
3. Download Statusbar
Are you annoyed every time you download something and then the download window will popup? Now, there’s a better way to view and manage downloads straight from you status bar.
Download Statusbar is a handy dandy add-on that lets you view your downloads from a tidy status bar – without the download window getting in the way of your web browsing.
Download Statusbar
4. Greasemonkey
This add-on lets you boost your web experience by installing some JavaScripts. There are a lot of scripts available and you can find them at http://userscripts.org.
5. Menu Editor
This add-on lets you clean up your messy menu. It allows you to remove those options on your context menu that you don’t use often or you don’t need at all. You can also rearrange the items on your menu via drag and drop.
Menu Editor
6. SiteLauncher
This add-on lets you quickly visit your favorite websites using only your keyboard.
SiteLauncher
7. SkipScreen
This add-on is a great tool that allows you to skip unnecessary pages on sites like RapidShare, Megaupload, zShare, Mediafire, and more.
8. WebMail Notifier
This add-on lets you check your webmail accounts and notifies the number of unread emails. Aside from your email accounts, it also supports Facebook, Twitter, and more by installing some scripts.
9. Spedr
I know that there are a lot of URL shortener add-ons out there but what I like most about Spedr is its simplicity. To shorten a long URL, all you have to do is just click its lightning icon in your address bar and once the icon turns yellow, it’s done already! It also copies the shortened URL to your clipboard automatically.
Spedr
10. Organize Status Bar
If you’re using a lot of add-ons, I’m sure you’ll notice that your status bar begins to be filled up with tons of icons. Good thing there is Organize Status Bar which can help you clean and organize your messy status bar.
11. Google Shortcuts
Since I’m a big fan of Google, this add-on is very essential for me because it lets me visit any Google services like Gmail, Google reader, Google maps, Google calendar, and many more in a single click from my browser.
12. IE Tab Plus
This add-on enables you to use the embedded IE engine within tabs of Mozilla Firefox. It is not only useful for web developers but also for the normal users like us since there are some sites that only work properly when viewed in Internet Explorer like the Windows Update site, and etc.
13. Simple Timer + Clocks
This is a very important add-on for me because I always want to check the time whenever I’m using my netbook. Aside from the clock, it also offers count down/up, alarm clock, and calendar reminders.
14. Shareaholic
Since I’m an internet addict, every day I get to visit websites and articles that really “Wow” me and really caught my attention that’s why it’s very essential for me to have Shareaholic by my side that allows me to share interesting links to my Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, and other accounts easily.
15. UsableHomeButton
How often do you use the Home button of your browser? Once? Twice? Thrice a week? If you find the Home button useless, it’s time you check out UsableHomeButton, an add-on that makes the Home button usable by linking it to the homepage of the current site.
16. FEBE
This add-on lets you back up your extensions, themes, bookmarks, preferences, passwords, cookies and just about everything else Firefox offers. (It’s always important to have a backup, right?)
That’s it! Actually, I still have some add-ons that I didn’t mention above like Alexa Sparky, Hide Caption, Fission, and Search Site but why I didn’t include them on the list? Because I can use Firefox without them, but those that are listed above, I can not.
How about you guys? What are your most favorite Firefox add-ons and why? Are you also using some of the add-ons that I’m using? Share your thoughts below at the comment box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Laptop For Sell

(Only In Mumbai and Pune City) < Physical Observation ACCESSORIES Final QC Status Warranty More Info Price Brand CPU RAM Graphics Good AD...